- Been using Sherlock for a couple years.Been using Sherlock for a couple years. Jared and Eric came out for the yearly check/tune-up. Both were super friendly, informative, timely, and put on shoe protectors whenever they came in the house! They told me as well as showed me what needed maintenance and eventual fixing and WHY. Thanks guys!
- The guy who came out could not possibly have been nicerCalled Sherlock based on reviews here, as we've had less than stellar experiences with other local area HVAC companies. They scheduled an appointment within a couple days, the guy who came out could not possibly have been nicer. After all said and done, we purchased a new HVAC system to replace one that was pretty much on its last legs (we could either pay to repair and eventually replace in a year or two OR put that money toward a new, more efficient system) and now, a month or so in, we are most pleased with how the new system is working. Sherlock is very communicative about the process, are willing to help at any point, so based on our experience thus far, we have a great new company for all our HVAC needs.
- If my wife and I could give 6 stars we would!If my wife and I could give 6 stars we would! Carlos, Jojo and Joe installed our new HVAC system today, 31st October 2016. Started the day at 8AM and ending roughly around 615PM. I was impressed by their work ethic, diligence and meticulousness throughout the whole process: set-up to execution and cleanliness after completing the work was top quality. In addition to the installation guru's, our estimator (Trever), was a pleasure to deal with as well. The whole team from top to bottom was awesome and they put up with our 3 dogs all day.
- FINALLY an AC & heating business I can trust!!!FINALLY an AC & heating business I can trust!!! Woo-Hoo!!!! If Sherlock Heating and Air Conditioning isn't a small family business, you would think they are! They are so kind, meticulous, honest, informative, trustworthy and the list goes on. PLUS, the wonderful Chelsea, that ALWAYS returns your calls promptly, remembers that we have a dog and always asks about her. We just did our 6 month heating check-up and the tech Eddie was wonderful. He answered all my cray questions about the equipment and when things need what! I can't say enough about how great they are. So hard to find a company you can trust that isn't always trying to add to your bill. THANK YOU!!
- The install crew was friendly, knowledgeable and speedy.Buying HVAC for an entire house is not an investment to be undertaken without some research. It's probably going to cost more than $15K and will require a crew of techs working in your house for several days. When they are done, you need to get an inspection in order to get permits for the job. That kind of headache seemed like more of a drag than dealing with the few excessively hot or cold days we get here in San Diego. But we met a Sherlock rep at Costco who bid on the job, which was a split level house with a detached studio. The bid was within our budget and the customer service promised a lot, so we went for it. The install crew was friendly, knowledgeable and speedy. They cleaned up after themselves fairly well and came back to fix a minor issue required by the inspector. Sherlock's service and professionalism has been outstanding. I would definitely recommend them.
- courteous, knowledgeable, efficient, and did the job competently.I came to Sherlock by way of the Nest website--checked out the Yelp reviews and then made the call. Eric M., the technician who installed my 3rd gen Nest Learning Thermostat was courteous, knowledgeable, efficient, and did the job competently. He installed a Nest Protect Smoke & CO2 alarm, checked my furnace, and answered all my questions. (Not to mention, he was very careful as far as neatness--you can be sure there won't be any debris/messes.dirt left behind.) I plan on calling Sherlock to consider some major HVAC work early this year. Highly recommended from this one visit!
- He took the time to do it right and to explain to me (every step of the way).Just had an ACHP service done yesterday on the two units in my home. Their service rep was Jared Pratt. This guy was great! He took the time to do it right and to explain to me (every step of the way) what he was doing and why. That means a lot to me! The best part of the experience for me was to see how honest and passionate he was about what he does and who he works for. I've been using Sherlock for 4 years now, and will continue to use them as long as I live in San Diego county.
- They were courteous and upfront with the entire job.The tagline for Yelp's 5 star rating of "Woohoo! As good as it gets!" is 100% fitting for the work and professionalism of Jared and Enoch. They were courteous and upfront with the entire job. I found them as an ELITE Nest technician via the Nest website. I submitted a quote request for installation along with one other company. The other company was simply a hassle to get anything from including a legitimate proposal. I was called by a customer service representative the following day from SHAC and Jared and Enoch showed up that night. They were two stand up guys with great sense of humors and always had a smile on their faces even when I was a frustrated client at the situation. They really put me at ease and I had no doubt I was going to leave this glowing recommendation. After being involved in a whole house remodel over the past 3 months I can say that service professionals like Jared and Enoch from SHAC seem to be a rare commodity. I will most definitely be using them in the future on all HVAC needs and recommending them whenever possible.
- They know how to deliver customer service!!My experience with Sherlock Heating & Air has been amazing from the start when I first got my new heating & air conditioning system!!! They know how to deliver customer service!! They are honest & trustworthy! I tell everyone that this is the company to go with!!! I just had my inspection & the tech was so thorough! They have integrity & stand by their work. They have it all!!!!! I HIGHLY recommend them!!! They are my company now for the future!!!
- I had a great experience with Sherlock, from start to finish!I had a great experience with Sherlock, from start to finish! Justin met with me and spent a few hours walking me through the current condition of my system and what Sherlock can offer. I had budget limitations and it was refreshing to see Justin work within them, instead of pushing against it. Billy was my tech and he did an incredible job installing the system. He found several changes in conditions (I.e. Fill old nail holes in drywall, reroute copper pipe for ac, etc) and still completed them without asking for extra, which was probably warranted. Billy left the site better than he found it. Highly recommend this company for your air conditioning and heating needs.
- I was beyond impressed with their work ethicJR, JoJo, and Eric came to my condo yesterday to install my HVAC system and Heat Pump. They were very meticulous and on task for the whole installation, and kept me informed as to what they were doing throughout the whole process. I was beyond impressed with their work ethic, and Sherlock is lucky to have them. They actually left my condo cleaner than they found it. Too bad I can't give 6 stars!
- There is a reason this place has nothing but five stars.There is a reason this place has nothing but five stars. They earn it! I have had no AC in the house and was procrastinating on getting it fixed due to the cost and lack of need most of the year. I was very nervous when I called sherlock to just come out and give me a quote. When jarred arrived he was super friendly and put me at ease he wasn't here to take all my money. That made me laugh and feel automatically comfortable. He was in the backyard for a total of ten minutes before he found the problem. It would cost me just a couple hundred instead of a couple thousand. YAY! I have a unit from the day the house was built (1989) so he didnt promise it will last forever, I mean its old but the one part made my house as cool as a winters day. He was friendly, kept his booties on in my house, played with my dog, and was just a nice guy. After this experience I am a loyal customer to the Sherlock family. Its so nice when they help FIX instead of just asking for a whole bunch of money.
- Ahhh! Cool and comfortable in our house now.Ahhh! Cool and comfortable in our house now. Thank you to the awesome guys who installed this high quality equipment. Good to have Costco stand behind them, too.
- He was efficient and gave us an honest opinion.Jared was our inspector and he showed up on time with a 30 min courtesy call. He was efficient and gave us an honest opinion of what was working and what needed to be repaired or replaced or serviced by another professional.
- Justin the sales agent, was great, very patient and responsive.Justin the sales agent, was great, very patient and responsive. The gentlemen who came in to work on the installation were great, explained everything and very respectful and clean. I had the unfortunate luck of having a lemon which is very rare but they were able to figure that out and get me a whole new unit. With their no lemon policy, I felt very secure. It's more pricey than some of the other companies but you can't beat the customer service. I had a check up recently with an agent that I had not had before and he was not so great at communicating with me and I needed up having to email the company for clarification but I decided that I would not rate my review lower just because of him. In EVERY other circumstance I have had excellent response time and friendly customer service. And for reference I have had my unit for over 2 years now and works wonderfully.
- He was professional, very nice, honest, knew his stuff.Eric came out to fix my non-working air conditioner. He was professional, very nice, honest, knew his stuff. He had to over to Escondido to get the proper part, and returned on same afternoon, put the new motor in, being very careful to make sure it was again working before he left. I am very happy to have chosen well! Thanks, Eric.
- Fred was polite, efficient, and of course professional.This is a review not so much for Sherlock, but for Fred Radtke - the young man that came and got my heater working. He not only installed a new thermostat on the spot that is easier to read - and replaced the NON working one - he took care of the crackling sound in my bedroom I've listened to for almost 3 years because the previous workers told me it was normal and ok. Fred was polite, efficient, and of course professional. Integrity in people nowadays if a rare find and when I do find it I want to acknowledge. In addition - due to the issues I've had - including a few days without heat - Fred waived the service fee I was told I'd have to pay. This is good business - and thanks to Fred - Sherlock is getting from this customer a 5 star review. Should I have anymore concerns - don't send anyone but Fred!!!!!
- Sherlock is the coolest!Sherlock is the coolest! As always, Yelpers are right on. Basing my picks on high stars and number of reviews, I called four companies. Right off the bat, I knew one company wasn't even an option due to them being here all of 8 minutes vs. the 45-60 min. of the other companies and actually being slightly rude and throwing out ridiculous extra charges. The other three were neck and neck in competition. It finally came down to who I was thoroughly impressed by and price. From the moment I met Trever, I was impressed with Sherlock as a company. He was very professional from his explanation of what would go where and how it would look, to all of our options. Even the marketing materials were impressive being able to review again versus trying to remember what someone said as you walk around with them. I received a follow-up email from Tina about my decision (which was still up in the air) then a call from Rich to provide additional items to make the choice more enticing and that was it; I was completely sold. After that call, everything kicked into high gear. I got another email from Tina providing a run-down on what to expect on installation day and thereafter with HERS testing (still not exactly sure what they do but it happened just as she said) and final inspection. Less than a week later, Billy and Donny were at my door right on time. They carried on the flag of high level professionalism as their colleagues. From the get-go they were both extremely gracious and hard working. I never saw them take a break once! From morning to dusk, they worked on not only installing the new unit, but went above and beyond on making sure everything looked aesthetically pleasing and even putting the unit in a great place where it won't be in the way. Even down to always remembering to put on shoe covers every time they came into the house. They also walked me through my nifty new wifi thermostat by Nest. My new favorite thing: turning on the air conditioner from bed using the Nest app! Altogether, I know I made the absolute right decision going with Sherlock and enjoyed a cool house for the first time since moving in. They are simply the best... around!
- Hands down, these guys are the best.Hands down, these guys are the best. I had bids from three other highly rated HVAC companies in North County and none of them came close to the technical knowledge and professionalism of Sherlock. My salesman Justin was extremely detailed with my bid and followed up with me immediately with any concerns or questions I had during the process. The installation leads Billy and Donny were extremely professional, efficient and courteous as well. They were always on time and left my home spotless. If you want the best system for the money, go with Sherlock. You might find a cheaper bid but you will be getting an inferior installation. Go with Sherlock, you will not regret it.
- On time, professional, and efficient.Jared did a great job with our repair. On time, professional, and efficient. Will definitely call Sherlock again when future repairs or improvements are needed.
- Friendly service, quick service and best of all LOCAL service.Thank you.....thank you.....thank you! So last week our AC stopped blowing cold on the HOTTEST damn day of the week. Called Sherlock (our kids went to school together) and they sent a tech out. They said he would be there between 12 and 2.....called.....showed up at 12:15!!! Excellent start. He hooked up all sorts of stuff.....and told me there was no leak. He hooked up more stuff and said: "Oh you have a bad Capacitor"! $225 part and that was the charge. They waived the Service Fee since I chose to have them fix it. He installed it and it he AC fired right up. We were back in business. Friendly service. Quick service and best of all LOCAL service. Thanks again Sherlock! You made me a happy camper
- A very satisfied customerThank you so much Sherlock for our new Heating and Air Conditioning Unit. And a Shout out to TREVER BLANC the Sales Rep and the crew JOJO and ALFREDO for an excellent job installing our new unit. A very satisfied customer
- EVERYONE in the company is super nice, knowledgeable and helpful!Sherlock is the best customer service around! They started servicing our previous unit and they have always given us the best customer service. They are very professional and when it came down for us to make the decision of buying a new unit, We looked around and We decided to purchase our unit with them and the experience was great! EVERYONE in the company are super nice, knowlegable and helpful! They have many options to fit your needs and budget. The sales person makes a full assessment of your home size, your budget and hears what you want, to give you different options to choose from that meet your needs, after you make the decision on the unit, the installation crew are also very professional nice and get it installed quick! The follow up is also amazing they are so organized on their paperwork (you might need city permits and you need to have everything done on code) they give you a step-by-step guide and they are there to support you and to answer all your questions! Another thing that is awesome is that the people that works for the company seem to be very happy to be there and to me that says a lot about the company and all the work and effort they all put in from the moment they answer the phone for a simple service appointment all the way to make sure you get the best unit you need. I highly recommend this company and I wish there were more companies like this around!
- He arrived on time and was very efficient and professional.I typically have my system maintained every year before the warm weather arrives. I've been using the company that installed the system some time ago. Every year, I would find that the system would perform a little less efficiently. I was always told that this an aging system and this is to be expected. Last year, I had the original company perform a more dramatic tune up. Everything that could go wrong did. They broke components and tried to blame me or the age of the system. They took forever to make appointments to take care of problems they created. They would always show up at the end or just after the appointment window they provided. This year I turned on my system and no cool air. This year, I tried something different. I called Sherlock and they sent Eddie. Eddie was fantastic. He arrived on time and was very efficient and professional. He took his time and did a great job. He quoted a price to repair and there were no surprises. Well, actually there was a pleasant surprise. When he was done, my system worked better than it had in years! My system was performing like it was new. Even the installing company was not able to do that. Thanks Eddie. And thanks Sherlock.
- the gold standard for customer service!Your company does set the gold standard for customer service!
Been using Sherlock for a couple years.- Sarah E.
The guy who came out could not possibly have been nicer.- Hi D.
If my wife and I could give 6 stars we would!- Nathan R.
FINALLY an AC & heating business I can trust!!!- Tanya S.
The install crew was friendly, knowledgeable and speedy.- Brian G.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
We always put our customers first and stand behind our work. If you are ever unhappy with our work, we guarantee we'll make it right.
- Professional & Well Trained Technicians
Each member of our service and repair team are licensed and fully trained. You can rest easy knowing a professional is working on your home systems.
- Service Agreements
Our VIP Comfort Club offers members, priority, first-in-line service along with annual benefits and savings.
- Custom Tailored Solutions
Our expert team of plumbers and HVAC technicians will analyze the entire problem and provide you with solutions with no hidden fees.