Your need to count on your HVAC in San Diego’s unpredictable weather. It can help to think of preventive maintenance like well-baby checkups. Not only do pediatricians handle illness, but they look at children and anticipate problems. That combination of experience and knowledge is what makes our technicians topnotch to keep your home comfortable all year long.
Preventive maintenance involves different things depending on the specifics of the system involved, but here are a few of the things that you can count on.
- The HVAC system is examined carefully to find existing problems such as broken parts, worn belts or leaky pipes.
- Moving parts may be lubricated, mostly in motors.
- Drains are checked for blockages. Any clogged drains are cleared and cleaned.
- All electrical wires are inspected for loose connections and tightened when required.
- Air filters are replaced. Belts are checked and replaced as needed.
- HVAC and thermostat controls, air conditioning, furnace and heat pump are all tested for proper function.
- A detailed report is written for the homeowner updating on the current status of the HVAC system as well as any repairs that were done or are required in the future.
How does preventive maintenance benefit the homeowner? The biggest benefit is being able to proactively deal with small problems before they become complicated and expensive.
- A leaky pipe isn’t only a problem because the dripping keeps you awake. The wasted water will inflate your water bill, potentially damage the foundation of the house or even cause problems with your air conditioner!
- Dirty coils aren’t only a nuisance, either. When they’re dirty, the compressor runs overtime. This can cost you a small fortune in electricity!
- Ultimately, ignoring the small damage from daily wear and tear will force you to replace your HVAC far sooner than you otherwise would need to.
Sometimes it’s frustrating when you have questions and don’t know who to ask. Our honest, respectful technicians have been serving the North San Diego area since 2002. Call Sherlock Heating & Air Conditioning today and we’ll help find solutions to your problems!