When hiring a heating and cooling contractor, you want to know you’re receiving the best possible level of customer service and care. Good HVAC companies know there’s more to a successful client interaction than knowing how to install, repair, and maintain heating and cooling equipment. Here are a few qualities you should look for when hiring an HVAC professional:
- Communication skills – Good HVAC contractors address you by your proper name and title when they greet and interact with you. They do this whether they are communicating verbally or in writing. When on the job, they use your name as appropriate when speaking with you. They are mindful of their tone and language, and use courtesies like “apologies” and “thank you” when necessary. Once your initial issue is resolved, they ask if there is anything else they can help you with.
- Honesty – Your contractor is transparent. Once your problem has been assessed, he or she tells you what they can and can’t do to fix it. They let you know exactly how they plan to resolve the issue, what you should expect, and you will need any follow-up visits. If they are unable to repair the problem, they are honest enough to tell you.
- Empathy – A customer-focused technician will allow you to vent about your issue without interrupting. He or she makes an effort to put themselves in your shoes to better understand the situation from your point of view.
- Efficiency – Your HVAC technician is skilled and knowledgeable. He or she knows how to fix your issue, and is committed to resolving it in the most efficient way possible. A great technician’s goal is to get the job done right, the first time.
- Commitment to delivering value – The best HVAC contractors strive to add extra value to their customer interactions. They understand your needs and offer value-added solutions to save you money.
Make sure you’re getting the best HVAC customer service for your heating and cooling maintenance and repair. Contact Sherlock Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. today.