Zoned heating and cooling in your home can enhance your comfort and convenience, as well as the energy efficiency of your San Diego area home. A zoning system works with your forced-air heating and cooling system, providing you with a way to more accurately control temperatures in different parts of your house. Using dampers and added thermostats, your existing or new HVAC system can be fit with a zoning system to provide many benefits for your family.
Instead of one temperature control, your zoned home has two or more. You’ll have the ability to control each zone separately by adjusting its individual thermostat. Zoning gives you more precise control over areas of the home with differing comfort needs. Temperatures may vary across the home with a traditional system, but zoning can bring balance to your home.
Some common comfort issues that can be solved with zoned heating and cooling:
- Multi-level temperature differences
- Temperature differences created by natural conditions outdoors such as south-facing windows
- Home design issues such as high ceilings, sprawling ranch layouts, etc.
- Different temperature preferences of home occupants
Zoned heating and cooling allows you to adjust temperature settings right where you are, versus going to another area of the home to change them. For example, you can change the temperature right from your bedroom before bed. You also won’t have to worry about your adjusted settings throwing off the entire home. Zoning allows you to control your heating and cooling needs conveniently, without the trouble of closing off vents, which isn’t necessarily a good idea.
A home with zoned heating and cooling makes efficient use of energy. With individual control over temperature, you have more control over energy use across the entire home.
- With a zoning system, you have the ability to set back temperatures in unused zones to save energy.
- You have the ability to increase temperatures for comfort in one area without increasing energy use across the entire home.
- Homes with zoned heating and cooling see energy savings of up to 30 percent.
For expert information on zoning systems, please contact us at Sherlock Heating & Air Conditioning. We can increase the comfort, convenience, and efficiency of your North San Diego area home.