Every homeowner in the San Diego area knows how important it is to take care of the HVAC system in order to keep it running at optimum levels. Scheduling regular maintenance is necessary but one of the safest ways to ensure efficiency and dependability is to invest in a protection plan. Problems can occur on the best-kept systems and having a plan provides high-priority quality service when problems do arise. Many companies offer HVAC protection plans, however, when choosing a plan look for these important features:
- Written contract — A written contract explaining in detail services covered under the plan, the length of the plan and the contractor’s obligations.
- Checklist — A detailed checklist itemizing all the areas that will inspected, cleaned and repaired under the plan.
- Maintenance report — When maintenance is completed, the technician provides a report of the repairs and cleaning performed on your equipment.
- Priority service — Customers have preferred scheduling for maintenance and repair appointments.
- Warranty — Warranties or guarantees are provided for all parts and labor.
- Routine maintenance — Customers have appointments scheduled automatically for routine maintenance at a convenient time.
- Price guarantee — The price of your plan is guaranteed, with no hidden costs.
Selecting a preventative maintenance protection plan with the coverage you require is important, but choosing the right HVAC contractor is equally important. Talk to friends, family or co-workers who have found a reliable, dependable contractor who has a reputation for good service and quality work. Ask the contractor questions, for example:
- Is the HVAC contractor licensed and does he carry liability insurance?
- Are the technicians trained and educated on the latest technology for your type of equipment?
At Sherlock Heating & Air Conditioning, we welcome your questions about our HVAC maintenance and protection plans. We take pride in providing quality service and employing highly-skilled professional technicians. If you live in the San Diego area, contact our knowledgeable staff for more information on our preventive maintenance plans, services and products.