Reliable Carlsbad AC Repair
Contact Our Fully Licensed & Certified Vista Air Conditioning Experts
While it may be known for its cool ocean breeze, the Carlsbad area can also experience particularly hot summers. As such, businesses and homeowners throughout the area are reliant on their air conditioning units to keep them cool. If your AC system is acting up, operating at reduced efficiency, or has quit working entirely, get in touch with the air conditioning repair experts at Sherlock Plumbing, Heating & Air. Our technicians have been providing top-rated air conditioning services throughout the San Marcos area since 2002 and can provide the high-quality workmanship you need to get your AC system up and running.
You can count on us to deliver the following:
- Quality workmanship with integrity
- Friendly and responsive customer service
- Professional, background-checked technicians
Call 760-295-5014 today to request AC repair in Carlsbad. Located in Vista, our air conditioning team serves clients in Carlsbad, Oceanside, Escondido, and the surrounding North County areas.
Diagnosing & Fixing All Types of AC Issues
At Sherlock Plumbing, Heating & Air, our knowledgeable team of air conditioning specialists can quickly identify the source of your AC issue and recommend a suitable fix. We never push our customers to purchase a brand-new replacement system unless it is truly the more cost-effective option—we always operate with respect for our customers’ time and budget. Should your air conditioner be determined to be beyond repair, we can install a wide range of energy-efficient systems that can save you money on your monthly cooling and add value to your home.
We can fix any of the following air conditioning issues:
- Weak or inconsistent airflow
- Rattling, squeaking, or grinding noises
- Leaking units
- Poor temperature control
- Motor burnouts
- Electrical wiring issues
- Frozen coils
- Dirty or obstructed filters
Why is My AC Running but Not Cooling?
Your AC is running just fine, but why isn’t it blowing cold air? If your air conditioner seems to be running all day but your home just isn’t getting cool, there are a few things you can check before calling for service.
- Check your air filter. A dirty air filter reduces airflow throughout your system, which in turn means that your air conditioner will have to work a lot harder to cool your home. Air filters are very simple to change and can be purchased at your local hardware store.
- Check your thermostat. If your thermostat is set to “ON,” the blower will constantly run even when the AC isn’t on, which can make it feel like your vents are blowing warm air. Instead, switch it over to “AUTO,” which only keeps the fan on when your thermostat is set to “COOL.”
- Check your breaker box. If the breaker for your outside AC is tripped, try resetting it. If it trips again, that’s a sign that you have a larger electrical problem that requires professional repair.
- Check your outdoor unit. Is it covered with leaves and other debris? Sweep it up and gently rinse with a garden hose to help the condenser work more efficiently.
If you’ve tried all of our troubleshooting tips and still haven’t fixed the problem, give us a call! You may have a different issue with leaky air ducts, refrigerant leaks, or another mechanical problem that requires a licensed technician.
Should I Repair or Replace My Air Conditioner?
In many cases, your air conditioner can be repaired. The real question, however, is whether you should get a repair. Just like pouring money into an old car, it will eventually become more financially prudent to simply replace your AC system instead of continuing to pay for repairs. You can trust our honest and knowledgeable technicians to provide you with an accurate representation of your unit’s condition, an estimate of its remaining usable lifespan, and our recommendations for a suitable next step. Should you decide to replace, we can also help protect your investment with regularly scheduled maintenance services. Consider our VIP Comfort Club for a convenient way to stay on top of needed maintenance.
You may want to consider replacing your air conditioner if:
- It no longer keeps your home comfortable
- It is more than 10 years old
- Your monthly cooling costs are higher than they should be
- Your unit has a history of frequent breakdowns
- You need repairs totaling more than $500 outside of its warranty period
Financing options are available for your convenience.
Our AC Sleuths Can Find the Problem Fast!
At Sherlock Plumbing, Heating & Air, we understand how crucial it is for your home to have a fully functioning air conditioning unit. Your comfort is our top priority, and we are prepared to do everything within our power to ensure you are satisfied with our work. No AC repair job is too small or too large for us to handle, and we always work in alignment with the highest quality and safety standards.
Complete an online contact form today to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation Carlsbad AC repair estimate.
Been using Sherlock for a couple years.- Sarah E.
The guy who came out could not possibly have been nicer.- Hi D.
If my wife and I could give 6 stars we would!- Nathan R.
FINALLY an AC & heating business I can trust!!!- Tanya S.
The install crew was friendly, knowledgeable and speedy.- Brian G.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
We always put our customers first and stand behind our work. If you are ever unhappy with our work, we guarantee we'll make it right.
- Professional & Well Trained Technicians
Each member of our service and repair team are licensed and fully trained. You can rest easy knowing a professional is working on your home systems.
- Service Agreements
Our VIP Comfort Club offers members, priority, first-in-line service along with annual benefits and savings.
- Custom Tailored Solutions
Our expert team of plumbers and HVAC technicians will analyze the entire problem and provide you with solutions with no hidden fees.