How Summer Affects Your Energy Bill
As the heat rises during the summer months, your need for more cooling will obviously increase. Here in sunny California, some days during the summer season can be absolutely brutal. Cooling costs will often skyrocket, especially if your home is sizable.
How Severe Storms Affect Your Energy Bill
During times of extreme weather, there's a good chance that your
heating equipment will kick in to fight the sudden cold. Even though this is typically short-lived,
these abrupt drops in temperature can force your heating system to work
especially hard to maintain a comfortable temperature.
What You Can Do About It
The good news is that there are steps you can take to ensure that these changes in weather will have as minimal of an effect as possible. Here are some quick tips that you can use to control your energy bill:
- Get your HVAC equipment checked by a professional technician to ensure its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Change each system's air filter to make sure it isn't clogged and can handle the changes in weather.
- Consider installing a zoning system, which will allow you to heat or cool only the occupied areas of your home.
- Utilize gas appliances over electric ones since gas costs considerably less in most cases.
- Weather-proof your home by sealing any air leaks that you find, especially ones around your doors and windows.
- If costs are especially high, get advice directly from your energy supplier to learn the best tips and tricks to saving energy.
For more expert advice on how weather can affect your energy bill, or if you have any other home comfort question to home comfort, please contact experts at Sherlock Heating & Air Conditioning. We've been serving the needs of San Diego and the surrounding areas since 2002.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater San Diego and San Marcos, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).